Happy Birthday Bryson! (and why pets are important...)
Happy birthday to my little Puppers!
I spend most of my time on this blog talking about health related things, and I don't post too much about myself. However, I wanted to take the time to wish my Bryson a very happy seventh birthday!
I first brought Bryson home on July 11, 2013 just before I started chiropractic school. This dog and my husband are the only two reasons that I'm still sane and made it through the program. <3
Did you know that pets are an important part of your health and wellness?
HABRI, or the Human Animal Bond Research Institute, actually released a report that details how pet ownership saves the United States over $11 billion in health care costs every year! Who knew? Even the CDC quotes some of HABRI's research on their website discussing the health benefits of owning pets. Those benefits include:
- Lower triglycerides compared to non-owners
- Lower blood pressure compared to non-owners
- Lower cholesterol compared to non-owners
- Fewer feelings of loneliness compared to non-owners
- Increased opportunity for exercise compared to non-owners
- Increased opportunity for socialization compared to non-owner
If you've been reading the blog, you know that I can't resist a good infographic. This one is about the benefits of dog ownership, but cat owners don't feel depressed for not being included. I'll get you on the next one!
Yours in health,