What if I'm not in any pain?
Why should I consider chiropractic if I'm not in any major pain?
This is the most common question that I get asked when I tell people that I'm a chiropractor. That or I'm met with a sort of skeptical look, and then the person quickly tells me that they have only had back pain once or twice in their life, and they're totally fine now. Well, that's wonderful!
However, my response is almost always the same. Chiropractic isn't just for neck and back pain. It's about optimizing your nervous system!
Let me ask you a few questions.
- Did you sleep poorly last night?
- Turn and look over your left shoulder. Now turn and look over your right. Make sure you're only turning your neck and not the rest of your body. Can you turn your head further in one direction than the other?
- Do you ever experience minor aches and pains doing regular activities more than once a week?
- Are you taking any kind of over the counter pain reliever for any reason more than once a week?
- Do you get headaches more than once a week that last for at least 30 minutes?
If you answered yes to any of these questions,
then your body needs a tune up!
Chiropractic care is about optimizing the way the brain communicates with the rest of the body by removing interference caused by bony misalignments in the spine and adhesions in the soft tissue. Maintenance, or wellness care, often involves only one visit a month.
Think of your body like a car. You need to put in good gasoline. You need to get your oil changed. You need to get your breaks done. You occasionally need to rotate your tires. It's all part of the maintenance to keep the machine that is your car running smoothly. It's the same for your body. Sometimes, a car breaks down and requires a lot of expensive repairs to get back on the road. It's true. But regular maintenance can go a long way in preventing those costly break downs. The same is true for chiropractic! Even if you aren't having issues, chiropractic can optimize your body's performance. You can sleep better, have fewer annoying minor aches and pains, work out better and harder, and get into better shape.
So why don't you come on down and have a wellness consultation. During this month, it's only $20 to get started with your physical exam and first adjustment. How else are you going to treat yourself to better health for so little money?!
Yours in health,